Sunday 8 July 2012

My Apologies to Australia

I feel bad.

Looking back at my blog posts during our Australian road trip, I realized that we kind-of gave Australia the shaft. In two posts about the experience, there is a grand total of one picture of something other than our van or me being creeped out by possums.

I am not impressed with myself.

Since my last few posts have been pretty text heavy, this post will be dedicated to a sad little group of pictures that do no justice at all to the great time we had, but which happen to be the only pictures we took.

First up, the Aussie wildlife we encountered. You will notice that we did finally see a few kangaroos who weren't cold and lifeless on the side of the highway. It was a nice surprise since I was starting to think live kangaroos were a myth.

These wild parakeets were everywhere. They may be beautiful, but their call is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
A large (around one meter long) Monitor Lizard

Fun-hating beach crocodiles (granted, we didn't actually see any of them)
Our first (living) kangaroo sighting!

And now, the landscapes! You have already seen my one picture of the bush, here now are the beaches and rainforest! (The exclamation points make it more exciting!!!)

My little bush man

Aaaand, that's all I got. We have nothing else to show for ourselves after two and a half weeks of travelling around one of Australia's most beautiful and diverse regions. Now, you may be wondering how we managed to so utterly and completely drop the ball on such a wonderful country.

As explanation, may I present to you Exhibits A and B:

 
Sorry, Australia.


2 comments:

  1. Always fun to catch up on the visuals from your journey! Thanks!! And yes, the exclamation marks DO make the sentences more exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, don’t be too hard on your self. These things happen sometimes. And I think you have a pretty good shots here. Well, you can still get a good bunch of photos if you make another trip. I never get tired of taking a trip in Australia, the place is gorgeous and amazing in every angle. - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete